The Great Backyard Bird Count

I hope that some folks on the list are planning to take part in the Great
Backyard Bird Count that starts tomorrow and runs through February 19.  See:
http://132.236.201.29/gbbc/toc_page.html
for details, but this year they are looking at quail populations, some of
which seem to be in decline, winter irruptions and house finch disease.

Data collected from this count will be combined with the Christmas Bird Count
and Project FeederWatch to help assess the condition, population and
distribution of our winter(ing) birds.  One can email checklists, and there
are pictures on the site for ID'ing birds.  Results will be posted on the
site.  Here is a chance to do science in your backyard and help our living
dinosaurs.

Mary
mkirkaldy@aol.com