supersaurus tail thingy

All,
It's only been a few hours and I've had two questions about the "plume" at the end of the tail on the _supersaurus_. The anatomy in question is a "popper." As many of you know, Nathan Myhrvold and Phil Currie did a simulation that suggested that diplodocids could crack their tails, breaking the sound barrier at the tip. In that same paper they suggested that some sort of "popper" would greatly increase the amount of kinetic energy released. The idea of sound as a weapon intrigued me, and since I was speculating that a row of Czerkas-Diplodicus like keratin spines were running down the midline, I simply exaggerated the last one into a functional popper.
This is of course speculative, so I'll give full permission for dissenters to bring the file into Photoshop and remove the offending popper if they like ;)

Scott

P.S. If this spawns a thread on the subject, can we title it "Popper and the post-modernists..."