Re: supersaurus tail thingy

On the same line, is it possible that the club-like tail feature found in the Chinese Omeisaurus may also be a "popper"? The club-like feature a product of fossilization.<<<

An interesting question. I would have to say probably not, because the flexibility of the "whiplash" section of the diplodocid tail is required to achieve supersonic speed. The shorter tail of omeiosaurus, combined with the fact that the caudal processes extend further down the tail make it less likely that Omeisaurs could have do the same. On the other hand, snapping a towel apparently can break the sound barrier also, so without better modeling of the tails of Chinese asaruopods, I can't rule it out.

Scott