Re: supersaurus tail thingy

Raymond,
Actually I think it's the same tail club. The tail club once assigned to Omeisaurus was apparently reassigned to Shunosaurus. That's my understanding anyway.
------Ken
From: Raymond Ancog <rayancog@pacific.net.ph>
To: dinosaur@usc.edu
Subject: Re: supersaurus tail thingy
Date: Sun, 18 Feb 2001 03:49:56 +0800

John Scheiderman wrote:

On the same line, is it possible that the club-like tail feature found in
the Chinese Omeisaurus may also be a "popper"?  The club-like feature a
product of fossilization.

I don't know about Omeisaurus, but another Chinese sauropod, Shunosaurus, did sport a club-tipped tail. Maybe it didn't produce a sonic boom, but it must have been a defensive weapon.

Raymond Thaddeus C. Ancog Mines and Geosciences Bureau Philippines