Re: Extinction once again (crocs)

That would have to be Mekosuchus inexpectus...not a ziphodont but (surprise
surprise) a mekosuchine and was as such a relict insular population of an
aussie radiation of the Crocodylidae (following Willis's assessment of the
group) that went extinct on the continent in the late Pleistocene. Was
almost certainly a semiaquatic form although some continental
representatives of the group were terrestrial.

Cheerio
Brian