Re: No Cretaceous parrot

<I remember to have read somewhere (maybe onlist) that the
reported Cretaceous parrot dentary is indeed oviraptorosaurian,
despite the fact that the original article explicitely says it's
not.>

  Nah, definately not. Certainly that's what it looks like
superficially, and it wouldn't be a stretch to say its
oviraptorosaurian, however Thomas Stidham has noted explicitly
psittaciform and even loriid features of the jaw and a lack of
oviraptorosaurian features (as Tom Holtz and Thomas Stidham both
note onlist not shortly after the publication). There is very
little possibility it is not avian, but a little less possible
it's psittaciform. Trust me, the jaw resembles no oviraptorosaur
jaw _I've_ ever seen.

=====
Jaime A. Headden