See thru nostrils

Dear all:

Taking a close look at a turkey vulture once, I noticed that there is no septum between the nostrils.  What is this trait called?  I have since read that this is true of several birds of prey (side note: is a vulture actually a bird of prey?), and one of the reasons is that when their heads are buried inside carcasses, eating, it helps prevent the nostrils from clogging up due to blood and assorted guts.  Is this proper reasoning?

What I'm getting at is whether various theropods had this or not.  I draw my Velociraptors with this feature, as do I with my T. rexes (I'm expecting to catch heat for that one).  Is there any reason to say that they couldn't have that feature?

Thanks, Demetrios Vital