Semi-Sprawled Sauropods (Was: WAVP Report)

> Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2001 07:53:21
> From: "Rob Gay" <rob_redwing@hotmail.com>
>
> [...] There was also a very interesting talk on the forlimbs of
> _Apatosaurus_ by Philip Platt, that suggested that sauropods (or at
> least, _Apatosaurus_) walked with a semi-sprawling front limb posture.

Arrrrgh!  Does _no_ issue ever stay resolved in this crazy field?
Could some modern-day Jonathan Harker please strike a stake through
the heart of sprawled posture once and for all, stuff a clove of
garlic in its mouth, and let it die a decent death, no more to come
stumbling up from the grave.

Grrr.  All I want is for the "facts" to stay the same long enough for
me to learn 'em!

)_v__/\  "The pies and cakes a woman bakes // can make her fella tell
         'er that he loves her very much ...  So never underestimate a
         woman's touch!" -- from "Calamity Jane"