Re: Semi-Sprawled Sauropods

    This is not a new idea. There is an illustration of a sauropod skeleton
in this posture in Gregory's_Evolution Emerging_. I can't recall if this was
associated with any other  publication, however. Chas.R.Knight used this
information when he created his famous Field Museum Apatosaur mural. This is
an unusual image not only for the pose of the forelimbs but also for the
extreme length of the body. I think this is an artifact of his being blind in
one eye. You can see this abberation in a number of his paintings in a 3/4
view. DV.