Stateside Emus

Wondering if any list members are privvy to the doings of emus released
after emuburger industry belly up.  I asked this a couple of years ago.
My prediction was/is that released emus and ostriches could not make it
past a couple of generations (such was the case at the Tidbinbila Nature
Reserve in the Oz Capital Territory).  In this case they had everything
they needed but dogs prevented reproduction.  I would think coyotes and
dogs and racoons (perhaps) would prevent populations from establishing
themselves.