RE: Books on those Hairy Things

A classic is R.J.G. Savage & M.R. Long's _Mammal evolution: an illustrated
guide_.

I would REALLY like to see a "Discovering Fossil Mammals" come out of the
AMNH, comparable to  Maisey's excellent _Discovering Fossil Fishes_.

                Thomas R. Holtz, Jr.
                Vertebrate Paleontologist
                College Park, MD  20742
http://www.geol.umd.edu/~jmerck/eltsite