Re: Birds of Russia and Mongolia

At 8:02 PM -0800 2/21/01, Mickey_Mortimer wrote:
Zoe Heraklides wrote-

 Evgeny Kurochkin was one of the authors of the paper in *Science* that
 claimed that Longisquama's plume-like appendages were feathers (or at
least
ancestral homologs of bird feathers). I don't actually belive it myself.
But
it may mean that Kurochkin favors a non-dinosaurian origin of birds.

Kurochkin thinks "sauriurines" (Archaeopteryx, Jibeinia, confuciusornithids, enantiornithines, Patagopteryx) evolved from theropods, but ornithurines did not. A ludicrous notion if there ever was one.

If I drive fast, I'm a good driver.

If the other guy drives fast, he's an idiot.....

Thoughts, from another facet of my personality.

Cheers,
MW