Re: Books on those Hairy Things

In a message dated 2/21/01 8:06:39 PM Eastern Standard Time,
David.Krentz@disney.com writes:

>    I am amazed at how few books are available on prehistoric mammals that
>  don't involve coloring inbetween the lines.  Does anyone have any good
>  reccomendations for me?

Try this:

Lillegraven, J. A., Kielan-Jaworowska, Z., and Clemens, W. A., (eds), 1979.
Mesozoic Mammals; The first two thrirds of mammalian history.U. Cal. Press.
(Berkeley) 311 p.
Unfortunately it's out of  print and hard to find. I got my copy at SVP in
Denver at 25 bucks!

The good news is that it's being revised and rewritten with new stuff by Rich
Cifelli and Zofia. I don't know when it's due to be published but I'll ask
Rich when I get to OkC next month.

Our Maryland Triconodon _Arundelconodon__hottoni_ will be one of the new
additions.

Cheers,

Tom

Thomas R. Lipka