Sue had no wishbone...

Hey,
I attended Peter Larson's talk at the Burpee Museum in Rockford last evening,
and he spoke a bit on how he believes that the wishbone (furcula) constructed
on Sue isn't a wishbone at all.  His reasoning is that it isn't curved like
wishbones in birds and other theropods.

I asked him exactly what he thought it may be, and he mentioned (possibly) a
broken piece of gastralia.

Has anyone else given serious consideration to this view?  Has anything been
published on it?  How about list-member views??

Steve
---
Steve Brusatte-DINO LAND PALEONTOLOGY
SITE: http://www.geocities.com/stegob

Get your small business started at Lycos Small Business at
http://www.lycos.com/business/mail.html