Re: Sue had no wishbone...

Isn't a furcula basal to tyrannosauroidea?

----- Original Message -----
From: "Steve Brusatte" <dinoland@lycos.com>
To: <dinosaur@usc.edu>
Sent: Saturday, February 24, 2001 2:50 PM
Subject: Sue had no wishbone...

> Hey,
> I attended Peter Larson's talk at the Burpee Museum in Rockford last
evening, and he spoke a bit on how he believes that the wishbone (furcula)
constructed on Sue isn't a wishbone at all.  His reasoning is that it isn't
curved like wishbones in birds and other theropods.

> I asked him exactly what he thought it may be, and he mentioned (possibly)
a broken piece of gastralia.

> Has anyone else given serious consideration to this view?  Has anything
been published on it?  How about list-member views??

http://www.geocities.com/stegob/international.html

http://www.lycos.com/business/mail.html