From: owner-dinosaur@usc.edu [mailto:owner-dinosaur@usc.edu]On Behalf Of
Ken Kinman
Sent: Monday, February 26, 2001 4:43 AM
To: dinosaur@usc.edu
Subject: Re: Sauropod stamping?

Michele,
     I doubt it.  That might give a big theropod a chance to catch them
off-balance and knock them over.  Or if they reared up to high, they could
injure themselves.  Probably better to use your size and perhaps some loud
vocalizations to intimidate the predators.
      And of course, like giraffes, the tallest ones could often spot
predators in the distance and just avoid them.
      I always thought that one dinosaur in Jurassic Park (the original
movie) rearing up to get one mouthful from a very tall tree was kind of
improbable, even though it made for an impressive mini-earthquake when it
"landed".  Typical "Hollywood" hype in my opinion.
           -----My two cents worth,   Ken