RE: COMPETING BATS, BIRDS & PTEROSAURS

Henri Rönkkö  wrote:

 I believe birds do better than bats in daylight because birds rely on vision whereas bats rely on echolocation. Echolocation is neither as acute nor as effective as seeing,

I don't know if any comparative studies have been done, but this seems to me to be doubtful given that bats are capable of locating, tracking and capturing insects on the wing (even while the insect tries to outmanoevre the bat), plucking them from trees while flying, and I'm sure experiments have been done using suspended vertical cords in a dark room to test their agility, with remarkable results (at least it was in my enyclopedia  I had as a boy!)

cheers, m