Re: Argentine Claims World's Biggest Dinosaur Find

> Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2001 23:16:08
> From: "Ken Kinman" <kinman@hotmail.com>
>
>    Does sound big, but the dinosaur vertebrae that Cifelli found
> down in Texas (or was it southern Oklahoma?) were originally thought
> to be petrified tree trunks.  Can't remember how big across they
> were, but they were pretty darn big.

I assume you're talking about Sauroposeidon.  I don't have the paper
to hand, but if memory serves, the vertebrae are surprisingly narrow
mediolaterally - maybe something of the order of 20-30cm.  But these
are mid-cervicals; maybe the new Argentinian sauropod vertebrae are
dorsals?

Still sounds stupidly big, though.

)_v__/\  "NASA Delays Shuttle Launch Out Of Sheer Habit" -- headline
         from www.theonion.com