Re: Sex

Graydon said:

> A suggestion I haven't seen is that the tripod stance for high
> feeding might also have allowed face-to-face breeding.  That would
> seem to go for sauropods as well; if it can stand up to eat leaves,
> they could lean on each other for mating.

Don't you think that if they have reared up, face to face, then they would
be leaning inwards with their hind quarters quite a considerable distance
appart. I don't feel that their positions would have reached anything like
the dangerous vertical stance required for the genitalia to meet. It was for
this reason that in my illustration I put the female with her head down and
tail raised so that only the male needed to attempt the tripod stance and
there were no extra sets of forelimbs to get in the way.

Gav

www.gavinrymill.com        ICQ: 33916140  /  AOLIM: ExtinctGav