RE: BATS, BIRDS, ECHOLOCATION & SIGHT

DARREN NAISH wrote:

>Pterosaurs had naked patagia,
> but I find it very hard to think that they were nocturnal (diurnality is
> implied by their many visual display structures).

..and not forgetting there are no thermals for soaring during the night, so
at least some pterosaurs being nocturnal is ruled out by this....

Having said that, albatrosses apparently sleep on the wing, and use ground
effect air currents to skim the waves, so possibly some pterosaurs would be
capable of this too......

cheers, martin