Re: TREE OF LIFE ANYKYLOSAUR PAGES

In a message dated 1/1/01 3:00:57 AM EST, jeffmartz@earthlink.net writes:

<< Hate to bring this up if somebody has already mentioned it, but has anyone
noticed that Ken carpenter's ankylosaur pages are up? >>

Allow me to cheerfully point out that the ankylosaurian phylogeny I worked
out for my article six years ago in Dino-Frontline #5 (1994) is in
substantial agreement with the phylogeny that Ken Carpenter  presents at this
website. One difference: I include Scutellosaurus in Ankylosauria as its
basalmost-known member. It shares no known apomorphies with any stegosaur,
and there is no reason to consider it a basal "thyreophoran" rather than a
true ankylosaurian. I had the opportunity to examine the Scutellosaurus type
specimen on public display at the Museum of Northern Arizona in 1993.