Re: Instant Gratification (was re: paper request)

In a message dated 12/31/00 3:27:06 PM Eastern Standard Time,
dinoland@lycos.com writes:

>  As an example, I'm a 16 year old student.  I take a biology course, and as
> project we recently had to write a paper on certain coenzymes, their
> functions, their sources, etc.  I was, honest to goodness, one of only two
or
> three kids in the whole class (40 kids) to use a non-internet source.  And,
> to make this more amazing, these internet sources that the other kids used
> were not scientific papers (as we are debating in this ongoing post), but
> simple websites from universities and other students.

Steve,

All I can say to you is, WAY TO GO! You are certainly the exception to the
rule. And as for your own observations Q.E.D.!
You obviously mean busness regarding your studies. Don't be too surprised
when you get to college and observe the same phenomenon. To me this is even
worse for these students are supposed to be adults. So the problem is not
endemic to the "kids".

Keep up thegood work!

Tom

Thomas R. Lipka
Paleontological/Geological Studies
Tompaleo@aol.com

P.S.

In case you or anyone else may be interested, a local individual has set up a
web page dedicated to Maryland Dinosauria and has _legally_ posted two of my
papers on his web site. Try the following URL(s),

http://www.wam.umd.edu/~lfsxdth/dino/

http://www.wam.umd.edu/~lfsxdth/dino/paper/index.html

http://www.wam.umd.edu/~lfsxdth/dino/neoceratopsian/index.html