Re: Georgian Bay Fossils

A place to start might be a guidebook entitled "Ordovician and Silurian Rocks and Fossils of the Southern Georgian Bay Area, Ontario" (Geol. Assoc. of Canada Palaeontological Division Publication No. 7) by David Rudkin and others, 1998. It is listed on GAC's online site at: http://www.gac.ca
You might also try the Royal Ontario Museum site, I think it is http://www.rom.on.ca ---and David Rudkin still works in their Paleontology Division as far as I know. He might have some suggestions on other books or websites. I think you are much more likely to run across Paleozoic invertebrate fossils (most of the dinosaur-bearing rocks would be farther west, such as Alberta).
----Ken Kinman
From: M Murphy <4mjmu@home.com>
To: dinosaur@usc.edu
Subject: Georgian Bay Fossils
Date: Wed, 03 Jan 2001 19:08:53 -0500

Anyone know of a website (or even a book) that would give some idea of the kind
of fossils you might find in the Georgian Bay, Ontario, Canada, area.
Particularly,
have any fossil trackways/prints have been found in the area, and if so what kind
(not necessarily dinosaurian).?

Cheers,

M.J. Murphy

`The shapes of things are dumb.'