Re: Cladistics intro Text

A good entry level introduction to basic cladistics concepts is _The
Mistaken Extinction: Dinosaur Evolution and the Origin of Birds_, by
Lowell Dingus and Timothy Rowe, Academic Version, ISBN 0-71673-384-6,
which includes an instructional CD-ROM called "The Age of Dinosaurs"
that even allows the user to quiz oneself on the topic.  The book is
available more cheaply without the CD-ROM, but trust me, you'll want the
full package.  Although the book proper focuses more on the cladistics
relevant to bird origins, the CD-ROM covers all dinosaur groups, and it
is copyrighted 1998, so it is more up to date than most published
sources.  And lots of graphics, for the visually demanding readers (like
moi).  But don't take my word for it -- Dr. Tom gives this package a
thumbs up, too.

-- Ralph W. Miller III   ralph.miller@alumni.usc.edu