Re: Finding literature

Actually, this is not true anymore. There are now (and has been for a while)
two split off journals that do not include the mineralogy-type articles. They
are N. JB. Geologie und Palaontologie Monat. and NJGP Abhandlunge. One has
standard volume numbers, one uses the year of publication as the volume number.
THey look very much alike but publish lots of good stuff, including lots of
reptile stuff.  The spelling may be off on the words as I am at home right now.
They, along with a related N. JB. that covers the more mineral sciences side of
things all, I believe, come from the other. Tough to get the spelling just
right and, frankly, I am amazed at just how rigid library search engines in
many places are about not finding things unless they are just right. If
necessary, I'll dig up the loc reference alphanumerics for them, as I have
various issues out in my office.

Ralph Chapman

>>> "David Marjanovic" <David.Marjanovic@gmx.at> 01/05/01 16:14 PM >>>
> I am trying to find the Neovenator article and am having trouble getting
> the U of T library catalogue to accept that the journal is real.  I have
> tried variations of the following listing:
>
>   Neus Jahrbuch fur Geologie und Palaontologie, Monatshefte
>
> I have tried the following variations:
>
> -Neus Jahrbuch fur Geologie und Palaontologie
> -Monatshefte
> -Geologie und Palaontologie
>
> I did come up with:
>
> Neues Jahrbuch für Mineralogie, Geologie und Paläontologie
>
> Is this the same?  What am I missing?

It is the same (in the correct spelling; I have seen lots of misspelled
citations). It has 2 issues, one for mineralogy (light orange) and one for
geology + paleontology (dark orange), and the latter at least has
Monatshefte (are published monthly, as th name says) and Abhandlungen
(thicker, are published irregularly, 3 issues form a volume).

Hope this helps!