Highs and lows. What did the skull of Deinonychus look like?!

Now that I have "the scientific american book of dinosaur" an age old question for me has reared its ugly head again.

I thought it had been proven beyond a shadow of a doubt that Deinonychus had a high rather Allosaur-like skull and not the low-slung (but cool) Velociraptor-like one that Gregory s. Paul suggested for it.  Yet in the book I saw that reconstruction shown again.  I have also seen it in many other recent books.  Is there new evidence for the low-slung skull?  If not then why does G.S Paul continue to reproduce the drawing?

Hope this is a valid question and I am in no way trying to insult G.S Paul, I admire and respect his works greatly.