Bouncing Allosaurus

Last night I re-watched the WWD special on "Big Al" and once again I
was troubled by the gait of the running Allosaurs.  It's clearest on
the frontal shot of the large female running towards the corpse of the
collapsed Diplodocus.  She bounces up and down in what seems to me a
very inefficient way -- what a waste of energy!

Is this a good construction, or did large theropods more like run with
their bodies moving in a more or less straight horizontal line, like
large running birds today?  If my hunch is right, then what were the
WWD people thinking?

)_v__/\  "I'm going to ask you that question again, and if you tell me
         that you haven't got any cheese, I'm going to shoot you in the
         head" -- Monty Python.

P.S.  What's the correct plural of "Allosaurus"?   I used "Allosaurs"
above, but I don't know if that's really right.