Re: Fw: _Galtonia gibbidens_ and Dinosaur Genera

In a message dated 12/30/00 2:07:45 PM Pacific Standard Time,
dinotracker@earthlink.net writes:

<< From: "James E. Hower, Jr." <jimaytch@onemain.com>
 Sent: Saturday, December 30, 2000
 Subject: Re: _Galtonia gibbidens_ and Dinosaur Genera

 "...I live in PA (USA).  The teeth of _Galtonia gibbidens_(Hunt & Lucas
 1994)* are so far the only dinosaur skeletal remains found in the
 state(besides trace fossils/tracks). Are the teeth or the cast of the teeth
 on display at a museum for the public to see? If so, where?"

     The only known (at least to me) material of this dinosaur is the
 Lectotype, AMNH 2339, an almost complete premaxillary tooth.

     It is not on display there (American Museum of Natural History, N.Y.C.),
 I feel reasonably certain, but, for example,
 is illustrated in lingual view on Page 432 of DINOSAURS THE ENCYCLOPEDIA, by
 Donald F. Glut, 1997, McFarland & Company, Inc., Box 611, Jefferson, North
 Carolina 28640.

     You might try, on-line, the AMNH Fossil Vertebrate Collection, but for
 some reason I cannot successfully log in on the link I had:
 http://paleo.amnh.org/fossil/FRC.login2

     Maybe someone has a better link than that.

     Hope this helps.

     Ray Stanford

  This is old business, I know, but try:
http://paleo.amnh.org/fossil/FRC.frontdoor