Re: First Book for Smart Dino Enthusiast

In a message dated 1/10/01 3:00:51 AM EST, Danvarner@aol.com writes:

<< We need a book like the old Life
 Magazine volume _The World We Live In_ or _Wonders of Life on Earth_to tell
 the updated story of life to the general public. DV. >>

I approached Life with the idea of publishing an updated 15-part World We
Live In to be serialized starting in late 2002 (around the 50th anniversary
of the start of the original 13-part serial), but their editors seemed to be
uninterested. At least, they were uninterested in having >me< outline the
contents and write the text (heck, I'm no Lincoln Barnett!); but I don't
think they have plans to do anything like that ever again. Too bad; the
series introduced a huge number of kids, including me, to the natural world.