Re: So here it is... my paper, open for discussion (very long; try to view it...

In a message dated 1/15/01 4:42:01 AM Eastern Standard Time,
Mickey_Mortimer@email.msn.com writes:

> Also, new evidence suggests feathers may not have developed from scales,

I have been confused as to what this means since I first heard it:  I have
also heard on this list that the same follicles are capable of producing
feathers and scales in at least some modern birds.

--Nick