Re: the biggest predators

> Josh,
>      No flames necessary, but I wouldn't use the term "silly" to describe
> such speculations.  Educated guesses might be more appropriate.

    Well, they aren't really that educated, which was Josh's point.  Trying
to establish which species was largest on average, much less produced the
absolute largest individual (something we will NEVER know) with such a small
sample size is a bit silly.  The fact that the largest theropods were all
about the same size is more interesting, as it might something imply
something about the size limit of the theropod design.

LNJ
Education must have an end in view, for it is not an end in itself.
-Sybil Marshall

There are two kinds of light-the glow that illuminates, and the glare that
obscures
-James Thurber
Jeffrey W. Martz
Graduate student, Department of Geosciences, Texas Tech University
3002 4th St., Apt. C26
Lubbock, TX 79415