Re: THE JANUARY 2001 DINO LAND DINOSAUR GAZETTE NEWSLETTER

On Tue, 16 Jan 2001 22:12:52
 David Marjanovic wrote:
>> MESOZOIC BIRD FOUND IN CHINA
>
>[lots of snippage]
>
>> But, other scientists do
>> not believe in his findings.  One paleontologist, Alan Feduccia of the
>> University of North Carolina, thinks that these imprints seen on
>> Protopteryx do not represent feathers at all.
>>
>> ``(Protopteryx was covered with) what they call dino-fuzz, which really
>> could have nothing to do with the origin of feathers," he said.

For those of you who may be wondering, the above text comes from my monthly
e-mail newsletter (sent out on Sunday, I believe).  I don't send it to the
list, but many list members are subscribers.  If you would like me to add your
name to the list, please drop me an off list e-mail at brusatte@theramp.net

Steve

---
Steve Brusatte-DINO LAND PALEONTOLOGY
SITE: http://www.geocities.com/stegob

Get your small business started at Lycos Small Business at
http://www.lycos.com/business/mail.html