Re: Re.avian flight

Check the wing loading for yourself, as a quick convincer.  It's similar to
other birds.  And increasing weight and wing loading don't necessarily
prohibit flight, it just means the speed required for flight is increased.
With Archaeopteryx' wings and estimated weight, if he had a pectoral mass
fraction on the loose order of 7% (compared to a pigeon's 17%, more or
less), then he'd probably have been able to climb at about 200 fpm, compared
to the pigeon's 490 fpm.