Re: Data [was: Re: Hadrosaur necks [was Re: A few species names if you please...

In a message dated 1/18/01 7:43:06 AM Pacific Standard Time,
znc14@TTACS.TTU.EDU writes:

<< But, in the world of science today, what are we supposed to do
 about unsupported claims whcih are given as fact, either in review works,
 semi-popular works, or abstracts? Ignoring them would be fine, but
 ethically I wouldn't want to. Addressing them would be fine, but there is
 no substantial work to address. I REFUSE to take such claims on faith...
 nothing personal to the authors, it just isn't right. Wait for the paper?
 Well, I will if everyone else will, but no one does anymore, and that's my
 point. Vent vent vent... >>

  Amen, Brother Wagner! This situation is especially difficult for the
out-of-the-loop paleolife artist (like me) who's work can instantly be seen
to be out-of-date (or out of style). Hence the appeal of the relatively
uncomplicated marine reptiles. DV.