Re: "Aniksosaurus darwini"

João Simões Lopes Filho wrote:

> There's no Sarmiento in Brazil. The name is Spanish, must be
> Argentina. Joao SLRio de Janeiro
    _Aniksosaurus_ is not the same as our putative "megaraptorid."
Sarmiento is in Chubut Province, Argentina.  _Aniksosaurus_ comes from
the lower part of the Bajo Barreal Formation which has a moderately
solid Cenomanian-Turonian age (somewhere around 94 Ma) currently
assigned to it.  The quarries are more or less 120-130 km north of the
town.  _Anikosaurus_ IS probably a basal coelurosaur but we don't know
all that much about it yet.

Josh Smith
University of Pennsylvania
471 Hayden Hall