What is a beak?

What I really mean is this: Is "beak" used as a
scientific term of art, or is it just a generic
expression of an animal's stiff oral structure?

If so, did (non-avian) dinosaurs like _Triceratops_
really have beaks?

If not, can we describe the beak of _Oviraptor_ and
other theropods (other than birds) as a "beak?"

If no, what should one call a dinosaur's "beak?"

Or, if yes in both cases, how broad does the
definition go?  Frinstance, does the giant squid have
a beak?

Definitely not beaked,

=====
Larry

"Catapultam habeo. Nisi Pecuniam omnen mihi dabis ad capul tuum saxum immane
mittam."