RE: the biggest predators

--- "Thomas R. Holtz, Jr." <tholtz@geol.umd.edu>
wrote:

> (A not entirely fair analogy: we can build gigantic
> aircraft carriers and
> tankers that move fairly fast through the water, but
> we would not be able to
> make equally fast land vehicles of the same size).

Oh yeah?  Tell that to Steve Jackson!  (Inside joke.)

I'm personally glad that T. rex is no longer the
"largest carnivorous animals ever to walk blah blah
blah" (use Ben Stein's intonation when incanting).
Now you can like it because it's such an incredibly
interesting animal without being accused of being some
size-crazed maniac!  I hate being accused of being a
size-crazed maniac.

=====
Larry

"Catapultam habeo. Nisi Pecuniam omnen mihi dabis ad capul tuum saxum immane
mittam."