Re: So here it is...

> Osmolksa, H. 1996. An unusual theropod dinosaur from the Late Cretaceous
> Nemegt Formation of Mongolia. Acta Palaeontologica Polonica 41: 1-38.

> Referring to Watabe et al. (2000)?
> Watabe, Weishampel, Barsbold, Tsogtbaatar ans Suzuke, 2000. New nearly
> complete skeleton of the bird-like theropod, Avimimus, from the Upper
> Cretaceous of the Gobi Desert, Mongolia. Journal of Vertebrate
Paleontology,
> 20(3) 77A.

Thanks a lot! JVP is accessible, and Acta Palaeontologica Polonica probably
too.

> > How do pleurocoels start ontogenetically?
>
> Interesting question.  Makovicky and Sues (1998) indicate pleurocoels
arise
> ontogenetically from depressions, as in the cervical depressions of the
> juvenile Microvenator holotype.

=8-)

> In fact, just today I received Zhou et al. (2000) with a figure showing
the
> distal caudal vertebrae (18-22) all unfused and all but the last two
> disarticulated.  So if you need final proof of the absence of a pygostyle
in
> Caudipteryx, just ask and I'll scan you the figure.

Please!

> > Really, in all specimens?
>
> Don't know.  I lack crucial references.  It's that way in the Solnhofen
> specimen, but the proper elements are missing in the Eichstatt specimen.

BTW, I stated that all preserved feet of *Archaeopteryx* are badly crushed
and not fully preserved. The situation is more complicated than this (and no
one has objected... ~:-/ ): I was referring to the London specimen. The
halluces of the Berlin specimen aren't prepared, and those of, I think, the
Eichstätt specimen are fully preserved and reverted; however, these, too,
are two-dimensional, so how far they were reverted is still another
question. Anyway, the halluces of *Microraptor* are longer and attached more
distally.