An Art Bulletin - Carl Rungius

  This is off-topic, I know, but there are so many paleolife artists here I
want to give you all this heads-up. There will be a major touring show of the
art of Carl Rungius opening this April at the Leigh Yawkey Woodson Art Museum
in Wisconsin. In the first half of the twentieth century Rungius reigned
supreme as the painter of big game animals. If Chas.R.Knight ever had a
rival, it was Rungius. At one time there was even some talk of Rungius
creating a series of prehistoric animal paintings for the Bronx Zoo. At any
rate, you can learn a great deal from the works of this marvelous painter.
Visit the website for this show at:
  http://www.tfaoi.com/aa/2aa/2aa341.htm
  and while you are there be sure to click on the link to the Glenbow Museum
in Alberta, the institution that's mounting this show:
  http://www.glenbow.org/brush/carl.htm
  Oh, to see a Triceratops by Carl Rungius! We'll have to settle for his
"mooses in spruces". His painting of "Alaskan Moose, Kenai Peninsula"
reproduced at both sites is one of the greatest masterpieces of animal
painting. Dan Varner.