Re: Details on Yandangornis

In a message dated 1/21/01 8:21:36 AM Eastern Standard Time,
Mickey_Mortimer@email.msn.com writes:

> The authors refer Yandangornis to its own family (Yandangithidae) and order
(
> Yandangithiformes) within the Sauriurae.  It should be noted that the
family
> and order names are formed incorrectly (should be Yandangornithidae and
> Yandangornithiformes), but ammendment is uneccessary under the new ICZN
> rules.

Are you sure?  I thought the new rules were that you could either form the
name *correctly* or form it by dropping the final syllable and adding -idae.
In either case, "Yandangithidae" is out, as the second method would yield
"Yandangornidae"*.

--Nick P.

*Technically, it should yield "Yandangoridae", since the last "n" is part of
the final syllable of "Yandangornis"!