Re: Masiakasaurus details

> Just in case anybody has missed these, here are major
> links to stories about Masiakasaurus knopfleri:
>
> Pronunciation details:
> http://www.nandotimes.com/healthscience/story/0,1080,500303
> 031-500484889-503343841-0,00.html

"The scientists said they chose the guitarist and songwriter for the group
Dire Straits because they listened to a lot of Dire Straits music while
digging under the hot tropical sun on the island of Madagascar."

> Restorations:
> http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/sci/tech/newsid_1131000/11
> 31342.stm

"'Whenever we played Knopfler's music, we tended to find more fossils of
this little, new creature,' Sampson told BBC News Online. 'It became our
running joke: if we didn't play it, we wouldn't find the fossils, and if we
did play it, we would.'"

"Sampson's team will be heading back to Madagascar with their CD collection
soon."

> More details:
> http://www.cnn.com/2001/NATURE/01/24/knopfler.dinosaur.reut
> /index.html

"'As a result of that we decided what better way to honor Knopfler than to
name a dinosaur after him. If it weren't for his music we might not have
found the animal in the first place,' Scott said in a telephone interview."

Lucy in the sky with diamonds...

Looking forward to the description! At last we'll know what a noasaurid is!

Odd jaw...