RE: It's HERE!!!

> From: owner-dinosaur@usc.edu [mailto:owner-dinosaur@usc.edu]On Behalf Of
> Tim Williams
>
> _Yaverlandia_ is back in the Pachycephalosauria?  Last year
> Sullivan removed
> it from this group, noting that the only pachycephalosaur feature
> he could
> see in the specimen were the thick frontals; in other respects,
> the cranium
> was decidedly un-pachycephalosaurian (though Sullivan didn't actually say
> what _Yaverlandia_ might really be).

Please note: the papers in this book were written back in the mid-1990s!
Unfortunately, sometimes new data has come out which has supplanted that in
this volume.

(Although, for all I know, Sereno may still regard _Yaverlandia_ as a
pachy).

                Thomas R. Holtz, Jr.
                Vertebrate Paleontologist
                College Park, MD  20742
http://www.geol.umd.edu/~jmerck/eltsite
Fax (Geol):  301-314-9661       Fax (CPS-ELT): 301-405-0796>