Re: Science Magazine

  After getting some comments off-list about the little _Science_ article
about the much-publicized mammoth expedition, I have been asked to point out
that the expedition leaders never claimed that there would be an intact
mammoth within their excavation. I am told that they are getting some heat
over this, which is unfortunate. Of course everyone wishes, for the best in
these things, but I've followed enough hopeful strings of vertebrae that lead
to nowhere to know better. I would have hated to have a hyperventilating
(emphasis on the hype) cable channel looking over my shoulder at such moments.
  Now, back to more dinosaurian surprises...DV.