Re: Choosing Twenty-Six Representative Genera

>>> "Michael A. Turton" <turton@ev1.net> 01/26/01 12:00PM >>>
>This has already been done, several times.  My family owns two such books.
>
>Michael Turton

To which I reply - so? By doing it again - even again and again - children and
their parents/instructors can learn that paleontology is an active science,
always in flux, with new discoveries coming in all of the time. By including
new names, new dinosaurs, even using paleontologists' names, reading and
dinosaurs can be linked together - which will raise people's awareness of the
science, which may lead more people into the field or into learning how they
can help to support others in the field. Which leads back to more discoveries,
which leads to more books, which leads to more interest, which leads to more
people in the field, etc.

Anyway, that's my two cents worth.

Brent : )

GroupWise Powered by Time-Warner Road Runner