Re: Choosing Twenty-Six Representative Genera

Hi Mike,

At 4:43 PM +0000 01/26/2001, Mike Taylor wrote:
Dear Dino-Members,

I come to you with a request for help.  I'm trying to put together a
book overviewing the whole of the dinosauria for youngish children
(maybe ages 7-9) by picking twenty-six representative genera -- one
beginning with each letter of the alphabet.
<SNIP>

Are any of these genera likely to disappear in the immediate
future (or have some of them already slipped out from under my feet?)

New information will generally cause a good scientist to rethink their original hypothesis. ;^)

Many thanks in advance to anyone and everyone who has thoughts on this selection. I should emphasise that this is nothing to do with the FAQ, I'm just asking for my own selfish benefit :-)

Don't forget to have GOOD illustrations of the dinosaurs. Children love pictures and word association is a good way to learn them. Send me a copy of it when you're done, so when I'm feeling childish I can read it too. ;^)

Best regards,
Marilyn W.

PS: It's official - read on and you'll know what I mean. ;^)
--
                                =00=  =00=  =00=  =00=
                                Marilyn D. Wegweiser, Ph.D.,

                                Assistant Professor of Geology