Re: Twenty-six

I would like to weigh in here as an author of children's books, myself. The trouble with using alphabetical order is that it teaches absolutely nothing to the readers of the books. If there would be a way to develop an order or structure for your book that would, in itself, be both interesting and actually say something useful, I think the book would gain.

You might consider an arrangement by time, or by geographical location (though if you did that I would certainly say something about the fact that the continents are not in the same place that they were in the Mesozoic), or perhaps even according to date of discovery (it might be interesting to show what kinds of dinosaurs were discovered in the 19th century compared with some of the ones that have turned up only in the past few years, and how that has helped us learn more about dinosaur variety; plus, it might give you a chance to talk about some of the very interesting people who have discovered dinosaurs down through the years).

--
Ronald I. Orenstein Phone: (905) 820-7886
1825 Shady Creek Court