-----Original Message-----
From: Ronald Orenstein [mailto:ornstn@home.com]

The current wisdom about giant tortoises on both the Galapagos and the
Indian Ocean Islands is that they did not get thereby rafting, but by
swimming.  Tortoises float extremely well, particularly if they are already
large animals, and the evidence seems to be that these turtles were giants
before they headed out to sea.

1825 Shady Creek Court