Re: ALPHABETICAL DINOSAURS

<<> What I would really like is a modern bird whose generic names starts
with an X.

I can only find *Xenicus* and *Xenops* (both passeriforms)>>

Well, although it is now extinct, the Jamaican flightless ibis _Xenicibis
xympithecus_ is sort of a modern bird (I know it is found in Pleistocene
cave deposits--not sure about Holocene). Plus, it's really really cool,
being a flightless ibis and all. Storrs Olson once wrote in an abstract
that it may have been a faculative quadruped to boot (I seem to remember
this having been discussed onlist a while back), but I don't think that
this has gained any support since  or even if OIson still considers this a
possibility.

Sincerely,
Christian Kammerer