Re: How much does a dino weigh?

Jumping in late - and I am way behind in my eamil - so please forgive me if this has already been addressed; However:

You can calculate/guesstimate the weight of an organism, from the depth of its trackway. Lots of integral calculus occurs here, and you need a topographic map of the animal. You need to know the sediment compaction rate/time, as well as the sedimentology/mineralogy, porosity and permeability, and grain shape. Some things are standards. Grind and chug. Estimation of organism weight comes out at the end. We do it with inverts. ;^)
(no, you may not wash my mouth out with soap for saying the nasty "I" word)