Re: Fred - Re: ALPHABETICAL DINOSAURS

At 12:06 28-01-2001 EST, you wrote:
>In a message dated 1/28/2001 3:00:34 AM Eastern Standard Time,
>fredruhe@xs4all.nl writes:
>
>< Yes, there was a short dicussion on the list on Xenicibis, about half a year
>ago, but one of the paticipants wanted to check his information on the
>quadruped state of this animal, but he didn't had the decency to inform any
>of us to his findings, so we are all still waiting. >
>
>Fred, I hope that you weren't serious when you wrote "he didn't had the
>decency to inform" because it didn't take a whole lot of effort to find that
>you were referring to Darren Naish.  Now if someone wrote that about me, I
>would consider it a flame, and that is against the rules of the dinosaur
>list.
>
>In English, saying that someone didn't have the decency to do something would
>mean that he was extremely lacking in the standards of proper behavior.
>Since Darren doesn't owe you or the dinosaur list anything in the way of
>information, what you wrote is offensive.
>
>Thank you for your cooperation,
>
>Mary Kirkaldy
>Dinosaur Mailing List Co-owner

I do apologize if I have offended anybody, my english is very poor, and it
is never my intention to offend anybody. What I ment to say is that Darren
promised to deal with the subject, get his information and share it with us.
He did not do that as yet, perhaps he wasn't able to do that, but he did not
tell us that either. The result is we are all still waiting for the
explanation of his remarks. My mistake might be to call that indecent,
sorry, it is to strong, but it was the only english word I know for this
behavior.

My apologies

Fred Ruhe